Our Annual Meeting is less than a month away! On Tuesday, September 13th, we will meet in person for a fun evening of socializing and the election of a new Board. We’ve already got a few members running for an officer or director position, but it’s not too late to throw your name in the running! While all positions are up for election, we are especially in need of a Secretary and Directors. If you would like to join the CWG Board and help create a vision for the upcoming year, please email email@example.com.
And if you would like to help out, but cannot commit to being a Board member, we would love to have you as a volunteer! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know what you’d like to help out with, or read through our We ❤️ Volunteers page to see where help is needed today.
A few things to keep in mind for our Annual Meeting:
- It is open to both members and non-members! This is a great opportunity to meet fellow writers in your community, or bring your friends and family to enjoy the evening with us.
- It will be potluck. A sign-up sheet for sides and desserts will be coming soon, and the CWG will provide the entrées and drinks.
- Once the list of candidates is finalized, a link will be sent out to members to vote online. Paper ballots will also be provided at the meeting for those who do not vote beforehand. Only current members are allowed to vote.
- In addition to dinner and elections, we will also provide a “State of the CWG.” If you’ve been curious about our finances, membership, programs, etc. this will be a good time to listen to our current Board members discuss the previous year and give a few insights about what’s to come.
- We are also planning some fun writing activities!
More details TBA!