These links will take you to the websites of organizations, publications, articles, and websites that have been valuable resources for our writers in the past. CWG does not sponsor these organizations or receive any commission from your purchases.
- The Southern Lit Alliance: Southern Lit Alliance (So Lit) is a longstanding literary arts organization in Chattanooga, Tennessee, established in 1952. Their mission is to deliver literary arts experiences that encourage people to read and to write. Their vision is establishing Chattanooga as a national model for engaging everyone to be passionate readers and writers.
- Humanities Tennessee: Humanities Tennessee is a non-profit organization that fosters community and civility in Tennessee through engaging programs that examine and reflect upon ideas, stories, history, arts and culture.
- The Southern Festival of Books: A festival featuring dozens of authors, which offers attendees the opportunity to connect with their favorite authors from a variety of genres spanning from nonfiction, poetry, mystery and more.
- Chapter 16: In response to the loss of book coverage in newspapers around the state, Humanities Tennessee founded Chapter 16 in 2009 to provide comprehensive coverage of literary news and events in Tennessee. Each weekday the site posts fresh content that focuses on author events across the state and new releases from Tennessee authors.
- The Poetry Society of Tennessee: The Poetry Society of Tennessee (PST) is an inclusive, supportive, “learn by doing” club. PST sponsors monthly members-only contests, publishes an annual anthology (Tennessee Voices), hosts an annual Festival Contest, and holds an annual Poetry Festival every October.
- Tennessee Mountain Writers: TMW is a non-profit, non-political organization which promotes Tennessee literary arts and supports the work of Tennessee writers.
- The Porch: Founded in 2014 in Nashville, The Porch inspires, educates and connects writers and readers of all ages and stages through classes and literary events.
- Rhyme N Chatt: Rhyme N Chatt Interactive Poetry Organization (RNC) is a historic institution in Chattanooga, TN. First organized in 1999, it was created to “provide a safe place where poetry is shared and discussed and people are valued.”
- Knoxville Writers’ Guild: The Knoxville Writers’ Guild is a non-profit organization offering skill-building opportunities such as monthly public programs, workshops, writing groups, open mic, and networking.
- Silver Blade: Silver Blade Magazine is an all-volunteer endeavor intended to highlight the works of unpublished authors and hone the skills of magazine staff. Writers of cutting edge Science Fiction, Slipstream, Classic and Modern Fantasy are invited to submit their works here. For poetry, we prefer free verse poetry between 10-100 lines with a keen eye on line breaks, prose poems (Robert Bly school) or flash poetry under 500 words, but all of which should strive for impeccable rhythm.
- Abyss and Apex: Our mission is to publish the finest in speculative and imaginative fiction and poetry, with special attention to character-driven stories that examine the depths and heights of emotion and motivation from a broad variety of cultural and social perspectives.
- Liquid Imagination: Our mission is to publish a wide variety of art, creating visually stimulating publications of the highest quality that combine many artistic avenues, including graphic and digital art as well as traditional illustrations, photographs and paintings; speculative and literary fiction, micro-fiction, and poetry; music and audio works; digital poetry and digital flash fiction; and other artistic forms.
- American Diversity Report: The ADR mission is to boost your efforts to repair the world and inspire fellow DEI change-makers with ADR resources, podcasts and more than 1,300 articles from diverse writers around the world.
- Fabula Argentea: We accept a wide variety of material: genre, literary, humor, the grit of life, happy endings, sad endings, and perhaps the occasional spicy story.
- 11:11 Press: Now Accepting Manuscript Submissions: Now seeking fiction that explores climate change. No agent required.
- Moss Puppy Magazine: Now Seeking Submissions: A new online and print publisher of fiction, creative nonfiction, flash writing, and poetry.
- Money-Saving Guide for Authors and Writers by CouponFollow. The ultimate guide for writers and authors who are looking to improve their craft and save money in the process.
- Two New Resources to Find Literary Journals to Submit to: So you can find publishers for your writing.
- Literary Journals: A Great Way to Promote Your Book: An often overlooked way to get support and readership for your book.
- RhymeZone.com: A comprehensive rhyming dictionary, thesaurus, and brainstorming tool for the English language.
- Pexels.com: The best free stock photos, royalty free images & videos shared by creators.