Are you making the most of your membership? Here’s some little reminders:
- Set up your Member Profile. The CWG has many benefits that are only available to members, one of them being a Member Profile. If you have never logged into our site, all you need to do is click on the Members tab, then enter the email you used when you paid for your membership. Click on “Forgot Password?” and you will be sent an email with instructions on how to set up your new password. Use this info to login, and voila! You can now finish setting up your profile, as well as access all the contests and forms available to our members.
- Let us know when you have an event! We are here to support you in all your writing endeavors. If you have an upcoming book release, have recently had a poem or article published, will be reading at an event, leading a workshop, or anything else you’d like to share, please fill out our Member Submission Form under the “Members” tab and tell us about it! We will share it from our Facebook Page and Twitter account, and the post will be shared in our Weekly Digest on Saturdays, which go straight to our subscriber’s email accounts. This is an easy way to let over 1,300 people know your big news!
- All our members with traditionally or self-published books are invited to post them in our Book Gallery. Even if you did not author the book, but are the illustrator, editor, or contributor to an anthology, you are welcome to post it on our website. This service is free to our members. You can find the form under the “Membership” tab once you are logged in. If you do not have a book to post, you can still check our what your fellow, local authors have written and support them!
- Subscribe to our Weekly Digest so you can be notified of upcoming meetings, contests, workshops, calls for submissions, socials, and more. For up-to-date notifications, make sure you’re following us on Facebook and Twitter. You can also view our calendar to see everything at a glance, or read through our Monthly Events page for more in-depth information.
When you shop Amazon, go to AmazonSmile instead. 😊 It’s as easy as typing smile.amazon.com. Just set your preferred charity to Chattanooga Writers’ Guild and a portion of your purchase will be donated to the CWG. Every little bit helps us help you! We use these donations (and your membership fees) to:
- pay for presenters at our Monthly Meetings and Workshops
- publish our anthology
- reserve spaces for our in-person meetings
- pay judges and winners for our contests
- provide food and drinks for our socials
- pay bills such as our website hosting and insurance
Feel like you read some important info, but can’t remember where you saw it? Our “Latest News” tab has a search feature! You can use keywords to help you find what you are looking for, or search by month or category.
If you want to be more involved with the CWG, but aren’t sure what to do, visit our We ❤️ Volunteers page. Whenever we have a need for people to help with parties, events, or projects, we will make a post there. This is a great way to volunteer a little bit of your time and help the CWG support its writers.
If you have any questions or comments, please go to our Contact link on our website.