Our September elections are coming up fast and we need volunteers to serve on the Board of Directors. Any CWG member is eligible to run for office – there are no requirements regarding publishing status, writing abilities, or length of membership.
The president of the Chattanooga Writers’ Guild is an officer whose primary duty is to act as a facilitator and guide for, and be the public face of, the organization.
The president also:
- Helps to create a vision for the organization and guides decisions in accord with that vision.
- Acts as or designates an emcee for the guild’s monthly meetings.
- Acts as or designates a facilitator for the executive board meetings.
- Creates committees to oversee projects as needed for the organization and oversees those committees and projects.
- Makes sure the organization complies with the 501.c rules to ensure its non-profit status.
If you are interested in helping to lead and guide the Guild for the next year, please notify Calvin Beam at email@example.com.