Our September elections are just around the corner! If you have any experience with bookkeeping or the duties of a Treasurer, please consider joining the Board.
Current Treasurer Chris Wood says:
The Treasurer is an officer position that is responsible for managing the finances of the
Chattanooga Writers’ Guild. This is a great opportunity to hone your skills with managing a
small business and will help you get experience in bookkeeping for a non-profit organization.
Bookkeeping experience is helpful, however, it is not required. The foundation has been laid, so
it is just a matter of maintaining the books. Support will be available to help you learn the
bookkeeping, and how to access all accounts that need to be maintained.
Key responsibilities of the Treasurer include –
- Collecting and depositing membership dues, book sales, contest entry fees, workshop fees, etc.
- Pay all CWG obligations, such as insurance, Zoom, mailbox, etc.
- Account for all receipts and expenditures for events, speaker honorariums, contests, etc.
- Coordinate with the program director, contest coordinators, and events coordinators to ensure expenses are paid and fees are received.
- Responsible for email communication for firstname.lastname@example.org and your own email that will be set up once you are Treasurer.
- Required to attend board meetings and prepare a Statement of Activities to present to the Board regularly.
- Prepare and maintain the budget.
- Responsible for filing all federal, state, and local non-profit documents.
- Staff the welcome/resource table at CWG meetings (once we return to in-person meetings).
The Chattanooga Writers’ Guild is an established organization in the Chattanooga metro area and
serving on the Board is a long-held honor. If you have any questions about this position, please
feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
And if you are ready to volunteer, please contact Calvin Beam at firstname.lastname@example.org.