Chattanooga Writers’ Guild
2022 Spring Writing Contest
- Contest opens May 15th, and closes June 30th at midnight.
- Winners announced: August 1st
- CWG Member rate: $10 per entry
- Non-member rate: $20 per entry (become a member HERE.)
- Optional Judges’ feedback (2 – 3, depending on if you are a finalist): $5 per entry
Payments accepted via PayPal through form below.
- Open to all writers 18 and older, living in the Southeast Tennessee/North Georgia region, or within 70 miles of Chattanooga, and all current members of the Chattanooga Writers’ Guild, regardless of location.
- Your submission must have never been published (personal blogs are ok) and must be your own original work.
- Fiction (2,500 word max)
- Creative Nonfiction (2,500 word max)
- Poetry (50 line or 500 word max)
In the event of an insufficient number of entries in any category, CWG reserves the right to cancel that part of the contest and will refund entry fees.
- Submit your story or poem as an attachment through form below.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but you must submit a new form for each submission. No restrictions on topic.
- The manuscript itself must be anonymous and not contain any personally identifying information. Submissions that do not comply will be rejected.
- The title at the top of the submission must match the file name and the name in the submission form
- Use Arial, Times New Roman, or Courier
- Submit as a .doc or .docx file. PDFs will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Entry fees will not be returned.
- 1st place winners will receive $125
- 2nd place winners will receive $75
- 3rd place winners will receive $40
- Winners will be included in a future anthology, but CWG does not guarantee publication in 2022.
- Winners announced via Facebook, Twitter, and website on August 1st, and in weekly email update the following Saturday.
- By submitting to this contest, you give CWG the right to publish your submission in our anthology. We may post small excerpts (100 words or fewer) from your story or poem on our social media in order to promote our contest and/or anthology. Authors retain all other rights to their work.