November’s theme is “Tradition.”
Our judge will be Chris Wood, assisted by Kelle Z. Riley and Kate Landers.
- Contest Rules:
- Submission period: 1st – 21st of each month (excepting February) from September 2020 through August 2021.
- Eligibility: All current members of the Chattanooga Writers’ Guild. Submissions must have never been published (personal blogs are ok), and must be your own original work.
- Genres: Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Poetry
- Themes: Different each month. Check newsletter, Facebook, and website for the current theme.
- Fees: Free to members of the CWG.
- Prizes: $25 (check will be mailed) and publication in the newsletter and on our website.
- Word Limit: 1500 prose / 300 poetry
- Limited to 1 submission per author per month.
- The winner(s) of one month must skip the following month before submitting again.
- Do not include any identifying information (i.e. your name) in your submission.
- Email your submission as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line of your email should be the month + CWG Contest (ex: September CWG Contest)
- Include in the body of your email:
- Mailing address (so we can mail your check if you win)
- Title of your submission
- Genre (Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, or Poetry)
- A brief bio (70 words or less) written in 3rd person. You may include a link to your online work.
- Submissions should relate to the monthly theme. You can use the accompanying picture as a prompt, but you do not have to. You do not have to use the theme word in your submission.
- Judges will be different each month and will be announced on the 1st along with the theme.
- Questions can be sent to Contest Director Kate Landers at email@example.com.
- CWG reserves the right to refrain from publishing winning entries if they are not suited for a PG13 audience, or do not meet CWG publishing standards.
- By sending us your submission, you affirm that you are a current member of CWG, and you are the author and hold all rights to this work. This work has not been previously published (exception for a personal blog). You give CWG permission to publish your work in the newsletter and the website.
- If further publication opportunities are offered you will be notified first.
You must be logged in to post a comment.