We Love Contests!
Launching our monthly contest series starting today.
This contest is open and free to all current members of the CWG.
One entry per member.
Winners will receive $25 and publication on our website.
Deadline to enter is September 21.
Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry accepted.
This month’s judge will be Kate Landers, assisted by Ray Zimmerman and Tim Butler.
This month’s theme is >> Compliance
Rules & Guidelines
- Submission period: 1st – 21st of each month (excepting February)
- Eligibility: All current members of the Chattanooga Writers’ Guild. Submissions must have never been published (personal blogs are ok), and must be your own original work.
- Genres: Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Poetry
- Themes: Different each month. Check newsletter, Facebook, and website for the current theme.
- Fees: Free to members of the CWG.
- Prizes: $25 (check will be mailed) and publication in the newsletter and on our website.
- Word Limit: 2000 prose / 500 poetry
- Limited to 1 submission per author per month.
- The winner(s) of one month must skip the following month before submitting again.
- Do not include any identifying information (i.e. your name) in the header or body of your submission.
- Submissions should relate to the monthly theme. You can use the accompanying picture as a prompt, but you do not have to. You do not have to use the theme word in your submission.
- Judges will be different each month and will be announced on the 1st along with the theme.
- Use the Google link below for submissions.
- Questions can be sent to Contest Director Kate Landers at email@example.com.